5 Reasons To Work With A Coach
When it comes to being your best, everyone can use the help of a good coach. Whether it’s golf, business or other, having someone on your side who cares about your success and is able objectively analyze and help alter your behavior will go a long way towards reaching your goals.
Information is so easily available these days to help us do just about anything. Most of it is well intentioned providing us with clarity, encouragement or inspiration. As a coach myself, my goal with any story I write is to present topics in a manner that positively influence the largest audience possible. As golf swings are unique as fingerprints, it’s challenging for any piece of educational content to deliver the benefits associated with hands on coaching engagement.
I’ve been playing golf my entire life. Growing up on a golf course as the son of a golf professional, the game and I have been forever intertwined. As early as I can remember, I would spend hours digging through my father’s instructional books, saved magazine articles and videos looking, like many of you, for the “secret” to hitting better golf shots. From such a young age, I was so fully immersed in learning more about the game it’s easy to see how my natural progression was destined to shift from playing to coaching.
Along the way, I also had a lot of incredible learning sessions with coaches. Out of all the lessons I’ve had, the one common theme I experienced was that no matter how much I was sure of the direction I needed to go, the coach always had a totally different perspective. I’ve come to the conclusion, it’s nearly impossible to objectively analyze ourselves in a manner that derives the greatest benefit for the time we put into the process of improvement. It’s not a matter of intelligence, education, knowledge or understanding. It’s simply the fact that we can never see ourselves in the way that others see us. As a result, we create our own personal roadblocks to discovery that limit opportunities for those “a-ha”moments needed to get us over the hump. If you’ve been inclined to be a “do it yourself” kind of person, it might be time to experience the difference in seeing achievement as a team effort. The world’s best performers all have coaches. Give it a try and see the results!
5 reasons good coaching gives you a leg up on the competition
1. Direction - Yogi Berra once said, “If you don’t know where you’re going, you’ll end up someplace else.” A good coach will quickly diagnose your needs and develop a detailed plan to get you there.
2. Tools - Just knowing what to do isn’t enough. A great coach has thousands of hours of training and experience designed to help you make something that’s inherently complex become both simple and doable.
Great coaches get the best out of their players. They know what to say, when to say and how to say it.
3. Inspiration - Great coaches get the best out of their players. They know what to say, when to say and how to say it. They believe in you more than you believe in yourself and will take you to places beyond your perceived capabilities.
4. Support - An awesome coach is a friend and confidant who judges their success by your progress. They understand the challenge of building your game and will help you find the joy amidst your moments of struggle.
Within minutes a great coach will help reveal your true potential, immediately delivering the excitement you’ve been looking for in your game!
5. Results - How fast should you improve? Within minutes a great coach will help reveal your true potential, immediately delivering the excitement you’ve been looking for in your game!
For more information on MAKE THE TURN Programming Click Here